Location: Irchel room Y35 F 32
Schedule: Thursday, 5.15-7.00pm
This course is intended for all
students interested in the topic of consciousness and the NCC, i.e. the
Neural Correlate of
Each session will include a presentation by one of the organizers, and will be followed by a general discussion.
The course's main language is english, but discussions and questions in german are also possible.
will be covered in
articles and notes available on this web site, or that will be
during the course.
There will be three unannounced quizzes (multiple choice format) that will determine the final grade. You need at least two completed quizzes
to pass. In addition, you have to make at least 3 significant contributions to our consciousness forum.
We will explain in class which contributions are judged to be "significant" and how to use the forum.
Instructions to join the discussion forum:
1. Go to https://ilias-app2.let.ethz.ch/goto.php?target=grp_11633&client_id=ilias_lda
2. Log in with your ETH / UZH username and password (first select your university, then enter username/pwd)
3. Enter the forum password: nevermind
4. Click on the group "Consciousness: from Philosophy to Neuroscience"
5. Bookmark the page for easier future access
And here are the chapters from the Ravenscroft book (in german), in pdf format.Credits
And here they are in english
completion of the
yields three credits.
Schedule (will be updated as we go
The first 6
are led by Alex Gamma.
Here are the slides from Alex.
NCC - patients